DAY 01 GUWAHATI AIRPORT – SHILLONG (130 km / 3.5 hrs)
Meet and assist on arrival at Guwahati Airport and drive to Shillong. En route witness the Umiam Lake or Barapani – is the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya in midst of sylvan hills adorned by Khasi pines & peerless beauty. If time permits, visit Ward’s Lake. Evening free at leisure to explore the region on own. You may take a walk to the famous Police Bazaar for shopping. Overnight in Shillong.
DAY 02 DAY SHILLONG DAY TRIP TO CHERRAPUNJEE (60 kms / 2 hrs / one way)
After breakfast drive to Cherrapunjee, one of the wettest place on the earth, for an awesome day trip. En route visit the famous Elephant falls. At Sohra, stop at the Duwan Sing Syiem view point for mesmerizing views of the Hills. In Cherrapunjee be witness to the gorgeous Seven Sisters Falls and Nohkalikai Falls. Later take a soft cave walk inside the Mawsmai Cave. The limestone cave is a natural wonder with innumerable formations inside it. Afternoon visit the Ramakrishna Mission Ashram OR the Arwah Lumshynna cave, a hidden wonder with stalagmites formations and numerous fossils on the rock walls. Drive back to Shillong for overnight stay in Hotel at Shillong.
NOTE: MOST OF THE WATERFALLS ARE DRY DURING WINTER SEASON.
DAY 03 SHILLONG DAY TRIP TO MWALYNNONG (100 kms/ 3 hrs / one-way)
After breakfast drive to Mwallynnong, the cleanest village in Asia, also known as ‘God’s own Garden’. With over 80 households, the village gives the ambiance of walking in a well maintained park ! Climb the 80 ft Sky Walk at Mawlynnong village for a bird’s eye view of the Village, the plantations and faraway plains of Bangladesh. You will also be acquainted to the Khasi lifestyle, their culture and economy.
Later drive to Dawki, a village of the Jaintia community whose prime occupation of fishing. Be mesmerized by the beauty of the Umngot river, the venue of the annual boat race held during March – April at Umsyiem. The Umngot itself is a prime fishing spot for fishermen of the villages. The river is also famous for its crystal clear water, so clear that when seen from a distance, it appears as if the boat is floating in mid-air! The Umngot river is the natural boundary between Ri Pnar or Jaintia Hills with Hima Khyrim of Khasi hills over which is a single span suspension bridge was constructed. This is the gateway to Bangladesh where major export and import transactions take place. Enjoy an amazing country boat river ride. Drive up to the Bangladesh border. Later proceed to Shillong. Overnight stay in Hotel at Shillong .
NOTE: IT IS ADVISABLE TO CARRY PACKED LUNCH TO MWALLYNONG.
DAY 04 SHILLONG – KAZIRANGA (300 kms/ 7 hrs)
After breakfast drive to Kaziranga. Check in Hotel. Overnight in Kaziranga. Kaziranga, the World Heritage Site is the oldest park in Assam & is located on the banks of the Brahmaputra River. Kaziranga National Park is a natural habitat for conservation of biologically diverse flora & fauna. It is inhabited by the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses besides sheltering about 15 species of India’s threatened mammals. There are numerous other major wildlife fauna. Overnight stay in Hotel at Kaziranga.
DAY 05 KAZIRANGA
Early morning go for Elephant ride @5-30 A.M/6: 30 A.M./ 7 :30 A.M. (Subject to allotment from forest department). Return for Breakfast to hotel. After breakfast proceed for Jeep safari in the Central Range. With Kohora as the entry point, the Central Range covers the Daphlang and Kathpora. Later enjoy Local Village & Tea Garden (Outer View) tour. Overnight stay in Hotel at Kaziranga.
NOTE: In the afternoon you may take an optional Jeep Safari (at ADDITIONAL COST) in Western Range of Kaziranga National Park. With Bagori as the entry point, the range covers the Monabeel, Bimoli, Donga areas. Overnight in Kaziranga.
DAY 6 DEPARTURE (240 km / 5 hrs)
After breakfast check out from Hotel and transfer to Guwahati Airport with Sweet Memories Tour by Greenland Holidays.
PACKAGE COST INCLUDES:
- Meet and Assist on arrival at Airport.
- 05 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Standard Hotels on Double Sharing Standard A/c Room as per category.
- Meals as per Plan in Itinerary (C.P.:- Room with Breakfast).
- 01 Elephant ride at Kaziranga.
- 01 Round of Jeep Safari at Kaziranga.
- All transfers & Sightseeing by dedicated Non A/c vehicle – (As per itinerary).
- All Taxes, Toll, Parking and Driver allowance.
1] Rates are Per Person and Valid for Indian National.
2] Vehicle will Not be at disposable.
3] Rates are Not Valid during Festival Season & Public Holidays.
PACKAGE COST DOES NOT INCLUDES:
- Air Fare / Train Fare, Permit Fees, Entry Fees, Camera Fees, Port rage, Insurance, Tips & Gratuity, Any personal expenses, Mineral/Soft/ Hard Drinks, and Extra usage of Vehicle, Guide, and anything which is not include in the inclusion.
- Any change in Itinerary/Stay on account of Flight / Train Cancellation, Delay due to Bad Weather.
- Ill Health, Road block, Strikes / Bandh OR any other Factor beyond control will not be Refunded.
- Any Medical / Rescue Evacuation due to Mishap/ Natural Calamities.
- No Refund of any Underutilized Services.
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Rates are subject to change.
- Tour confirmation only on receipt of Full Payment.
- Cancellations received within 72 hours of the scheduled arrival are not entitled to any refund.
- Sector Should Not Be Changed, once Confirm.
- Early Check in and late Checkout Subject to Rooms Availability.
- Sightseeing / Visits subject to suitable weather / Traffic conditions and permission from local Authorities.
- No Refund of any Unutilized Services.
- If Petrol OR Diesel Price Increase, then Quoted Rates will also Get Increase.
- As per the Government directive, Foreigners are requested to produce their Passport with Valid Visa, as photo identity proof and Indians can produce any govt. approved photo identity such as Driving License/Adhar Card / Voter ID Card / Passport at the point of check-in at the Hotel.
- Please note all the above prices are indicative and can change until booking. Itinerary may be reshuffled or rearranged by us in order to meet the hotel availability status.
“Simply ***** A Memorable Holidays”